Axpona 2019 Pre-Show

One of the things I love most about this hobby is the discussion, really understanding the thoughts, feelings and intentions that go into the amazing systems we get to hear! An for me there is no place better to engage in deep candid discussion than at AXPONA. That being said, I've started to make it a habit of mine to poke around the venue the day before and being press I'm usually able to do so.

Tonight how ever I didn't quite have a chance to do that as I was actually invited to check out the Linear Tube Audio booth! 


Now I'll be the first to admit I wasn't blown away by their Micro zOTL 2 unit last year... however the new MZ3 and Z10E units are exceptional! I had a chance to hear the Z10E with a Stax SR 009 and just loved how clean, powerful and textured acoustic bass spectra was presented. 


An almost more impressive was how well the MZ3 drove my Mr.Speakers Aeon C, and again I found my self just blow away but the balance of both rich tonality and detail without any excessive bloom. 


An finally I had a chance to warp up my preview night with some poking around, and to my surprise I was able to sit down and have a brief chat with Audeze Founder Mr.C as he refers to himself. Who invited me to listen to his Near Field Dragon Fire Speaker system... but not before taking a moment to tell me a little about his past and where he'd like his future to be. 

Presently, I'd certainly like a little more time with this system before I discuss my impressions of it. Still I can say that tonight's short listen was nothing short of mythical! 

iFi iCan Special Edition